5 Chic Updos to Keep you Cool at Summer Weddings
Posted on: August 15, 2016
If you’re attending a summer wedding, you’re likely thinking about how you can stay cool while also looking chic. There’s nothing pleasant about sweating in your formal dress, so try out these stylish updos that will keep your hair off your face and your look perfectly intact.
- The chignon. The chignon is a classic look that’s also easy to style, so even the most amateur home hairstylist can do it herself.
- Boho braids. Braids are very popular this year, so if you’re looking for an updo that’s also totally on trend, this is the look to choose. Try Heidi braids that wrap around your head, or go for a simple, loose French braid with some wispy pieces around the face.
- A top knot. The top knot isn’t just your go-to hairstyle for lazy nights in — it’s also a chic look for formal occasions! Slick your hair back with some gel to give it a more polished look.
- A low ponytail. Draw a sharp part down the middle or the side of your hair, and then secure it at the nape of your neck with a matching elastic. If you want, you can even wrap a few strands of hair around the elastic to keep it hidden.
- A loose, messy bun. If you prefer a style that’s a bit less rigid, curl your hair all over and gather it in a messy bun at the top of your head.