While the Hampshire House doesn’t host outdoor weddings, we do encourage our couples to take photos in the Boston Public Garden on the big day. Here are a few beautiful outdoor wedding trends that will look perfect in your photos this summer.
- Keep the bouquet in focus with the couple kissing in the background. This is a great way to showcase the lush colors of your flowers in the summer sun.
- Add coral to the bouquets for a true summer feel. Place just a few sprigs of coral to your maids’ bouquets just before the photos.
- Do some twirling in your dress with your bridesmaids to create a whimsical, youthful look that’s perfect for outdoor summer wedding photos.
- Take advantage of the golden hour, the time just before sunset. Because this type of soft light is most flattering in the summertime, it will make your photos look perfect.
- Spread out the group shot to create a regal effect. Have some of your wedding party members sit, while others can stand behind them to create a truly elegant feel. This is a bit less formal than the traditional bridal party lineup, but it has a cool, modern look that you’ll love in your photos.
While you may feel like you have everything together when it comes to planning your wedding, there are sure to be a few surprises on the big day that you couldn’t have predicted. Here are 10 of the most important things that no one tells you about your wedding day.
- Don’t take the ceremony for granted. While you may get so caught up in planning the reception, the ceremony is the part that you’ll want to remember forever.
- You’ll feel the most nervous in the moments before the ceremony. It may seem obvious, but knowing to expect the nerves right before you walk down the aisle may help you to contain them.
- Even if you don’t think you’ll cry, you’ll cry.
- Take some alone time. Aside from spending time with your new spouse, you should also take time alone.
- You won’t expect how loved you feel. You’ll feel overwhelmed with love from your family and friends.
- You might not eat. The old wives’ tale is true: many people don’t have time to eat at their own weddings!
- Something will go wrong. You just have to roll with the small mishaps.
- You won’t expect your favorite moment.
- Things will change. Even if you and your partner have been together for a decade already, you’ll feel different when you’re married — in a good way.
- You’ll have a blast. While you may think of your wedding as romantic, you won’t expect how much fun you’ll experience.
When you want to impress new clients or execute a memorable occasion for your company, it requires a truly special setting for your event. The Hampshire House is just that location for corporate events in the Boston area, as its turn-of-the-century elegance and full-service accommodations will leave everyone feeling more than impressed. Here are just a few of the most important reasons why you should host your corporate function at the Hampshire House.
- Its notable décor and ambiance. Hampshire House is incredibly grand and distinctive, with tasteful décor that doesn’t overshadow its historic architecture. It is one of the most sought-after destinations in Boston for its sweeping views of the Boston Public Garden, as well as the interior that features grand fireplaces, brass chandeliers and warm oak cabinets throughout.
- It can accommodate all of your most important colleagues. The Hampshire House can accommodate up to 500 guests at a time, which is ideal for annual company-wide meetings, seminars, trainings and client dinners.
- Its cuisine is exceptional. When you plan your corporate function at The Hampshire House, you’ll work with our experienced executive chef to create a menu that works perfectly for your event. Our world-class cuisine includes hearty, seasonal dishes, decadent desserts and full bars of libations that everyone will enjoy.
- You won’t have to do a thing. Unlike hosting an event at your own facility, hosting it at The Hampshire House makes it so that you can sit back and focus on what’s important: socializing with your coworkers, clients and other colleagues. Our skilled team handles a number of events each year, and you won’t have to worry about a single detail during your corporate event. Just be sure to book your event well in advance, because The Hampshire House books up very early.
If you’re looking for a surefire way to make your wedding stand out, you might try incorporating patterns into the traditional one- or two-color scheme. If this seems intimidating, here are a few helpful tips that will show you how to pull off patterns in a classy way.
- Choose a pattern with pops of your chosen colors. In order to create a seamless effect, make sure that your chosen pattern contains a few small pops of a color from your color scheme. This will help your decorations to blend and won’t make the pattern seem so jarring.
- Use the pattern sparingly. Instead of letting the pattern take over your décor, use it as an accent. Choose one or two colors to use as your main color scheme, and then add small bursts of pattern here and there for an unexpected yet tasteful look.
- Use it on small items. One great way to incorporate patterns into your décor is by using the pattern in places like the ribbons on the centerpieces, the bows on the backs of chairs and even on the candles.
- Use it on one large item. Another direction you may go in when adding patterns to your décor is using the pattern in one large, statement piece. Try choosing all of your tablecloths in one pattern and keeping everything solid, for example.
The Hampshire House is a very popular destination for bridal showers and baby showers, and if you’re planning your upcoming event at our beautiful facility, you’ll want to make sure that your guests are entertained all day long. Here are a few fun games that are perfect for each of these events — and they’re a world away from the overused games of the past!
- Bridal Shower Bingo. Everyone loves a good game of Bingo, and you can customize the game for your upcoming bridal shower. Tell your guests to list facts about the soon-to-be newlyweds in each square instead of the usual numbers, such as the city where they met or their beloved dog’s name. Then play Bingo as usual, except call out the clues that might lead to those facts.
- Purse Scavenger Hunt. Turn the traditional scavenger hunt on its head with this smaller-scale version involving your guests’ purses. Create a list of common (and not-so-common) items that people might carry in a purse, and then call them out to your guests from the front of the room. The first team to deliver the item to you wins a small prize, and whichever team collects the most items wins the whole game.
- Wedding (or Baby) Jeopardy. Before the big day, create a few wedding-related categories, such as flowers, rings, famous married couples, etc. For baby showers, do the same with baby-related categories. Think of some questions within each category and put them in order from the simplest to the most difficult. Run the game just like traditional Jeopardy, and have your guests write their answers on note cards before answering.
- Love Story. Give a silly twist to the couple’s love story at a bridal shower by playing a new version of the old Telephone game. Write one true detail about how they met on a piece of paper, such as “They met on a blind date.” Then, pass the paper around the group, letting each person add a silly detail. Read the whole story aloud for some guaranteed laughs!
If you’re looking for a truly elegant and memorable way to celebrate your bridal shower, consider having your celebration at the Hampshire House. Our turn-of-the-century mansion creates an unforgettable backdrop that your guests won’t soon forget, and our full-service accommodations and impressive culinary offerings make it so that you won’t have to lift a finger to host a beautiful party with your friends and family.
Here are just a few of the reasons why the Hampshire House is the perfect setting for your bridal shower.
- Its views are unbeatable. In addition to the incredible setting inside of the mansion, the Hampshire House also offers sweeping views of the Boston Public Garden and its surrounding areas.
- Its interior features are impressive. Inside of the Hampshire House, you’ll find a working fireplace on every level, hand crafted oak bars and brass chandeliers. The large, sweeping tables and plush seating areas also create a space for everyone at your bridal shower to dine and socialize together.
The menu is completely customizable. Whether you want to serve tasteful brunch fare or a traditional British high tea, the Hampshire House’s culinary team will work with you to create a menu that truly fits your preferences. Decadent desserts are available with every meal, and even these sweet treats are customizable. During the meal, you’ll receive exceptional service from the skilled servers so you won’t have to lift a finger.
- There are a variety of décor options. While the Hampshire House’s traditional turn-of-the-century architecture and luxurious fixtures are already incredibly beautiful, we understand that guests prefer a custom décor look for their occasions. We’ll work with you to choose the perfect decorations for your bridal shower, and we’ll execute them seamlessly just in time for your event.
On Sunday, May 22, 2016, enjoy an evening of music, drinks and dining with the beautiful Hampshire House as your backdrop at our Dinner Piano Concert with Clemens Teuffel. This special event makes the perfect night out or special date night for anyone who enjoys classical music, fine dining or both.
During the Dinner Piano Concert, guests will enjoy the renowned musical styling of Chopin, Schumann, Hanson and many others as performed by acclaimed pianist Clemens Teuffel. Teuffel has appeared in numerous concerts throughout Europe and the United States, performing at incredible venues like the Alte Oper in Frankfurt, Germany and the Shalin Liu Performance Center in Rockport, Massachusetts. With the stunning backdrop of the Hampshire House’s turn-of-the-century architecture and luxurious décor in the background, this will truly be an evening to remember.
The Dinner Piano Concert will also feature a three-course dinner served alongside the performance, complete with a number of exceptional dishes prepared by Chef Markus Ripperger. Starters include Gingered Chantenay Carrot Soup and Organic Tender Garden Greens, while the main course includes options like Moroccan Herb-Crusted Lamb Rack and Char-Grilled Tenderloin of Beef. Guests will enjoy a special Hampshire House dessert creation once the meal is through. The Dinner Piano Concert also features fine drink pairings that perfectly complement the meal for an additional charge.
Whether you’re planning a special anniversary dinner or you’re simply a fan of classical music, the Dinner Piano Concert at Hampshire House is a can’t-miss event. This elegant evening out is a wonderful excuse to don your best formalwear and head out on the town with the ones you love.
Tickets to the Dinner Piano Concert with Clemens Teuffel are $75 per person, and they include your entire three-course meal, tax and gratuity. Alcoholic beverages are not included. To purchase tickets, visit the Hampshire House website.
At Hampshire House, we believe every couple’s love story is unique and should be celebrated in a way that fits your relationship. In February, we were proud to be a part of the wedding of Cami (Wei) Chen and Henry Byrd.
Prior to the ceremony, the beautiful bride Cami got ready for her big day, enjoying a bit of pampering and a cup of tea before the festivities began. Once she and her groom Henry were ready, they met for a private reveal captured only by the photographer, Maureen Cotton.
The ceremony took place in The Library, an inviting room complete with a grand chandelier, rustic shelves lined with books and various ephemera, a grand piano and drapes and carpeting to complete the warm feel of the venue. The couple exchanged their vows before their closest friends and family, having them partake in the ceremony for a personalized touch and intimate feel perfectly suited to the room.
Guests enjoyed a cocktail hour in our Baker Bar while we reconfigured The Library for the reception. While all of this was going on, the couple took the opportunity to explore Hampshire House to find romantic, picturesque backdrops for their first photos as husband and wife.
Returning for the reception in The Library, the newlyweds and their guests were welcomed by a long table covered in a lace tablecloth, golden rail chairs, full place settings and delicate floral centerpieces. It was a lovely gathering well suited to the couple’s style.
Wedding planning: notoriously stressful and time-consuming. This is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life, but getting there can be quite the journey. We can’t promise smooth sailing, but here are a few tips to help make your life a bit easier.
- Create a wedding checklist.
A checklist will help you stay organized and keep track of important deadlines. Plus, the satisfaction of checking something off is totally worth it.
- Plan out your budget.
We can’t stress enough the importance of creating — and sticking to — your budget. Items on your list can add up quickly, so make sure you’re prepared with a realistic, itemized amount you plan to spend.
- Set your guest list.
Start out by listing the absolute most essential people you want to be there. For those couples with a “The more, the merrier” attitude, think of this as a way to maximize your budget by giving each guest a higher quality experience.
- Post a wedding website.
Build the anticipation and excitement both for yourself and your guests. Use your wedding website to post details, teasers and a countdown.
- Put together an inspiration board.
As much as we like to think we have everything stored away in our minds, the sheer amount of planning that goes into a wedding can overload your brain. Take the time to organize your vision by creating an inspiration board either online or craft one to carry around with you.
This Sunday, May 1, Hampshire House is proud to host Four Handed Illusions, an intimate evening of laughs and wonder with two of the area’s most incredible magicians. Guests will watch as magicians Joel Acevedo and Steve Kradolfer team up to put on a truly memorable show that is certain to leave the audience in awe.
Four Handed Illusions
During “Four Handed Illusions,” the intimate audience of just 50 guests will get an up close and personal look at on-stage magic just a few feet away. Tricks range from the engaging, to the funny, and even some that are quite mystifying. All the while, Hampshire House’s elegant sophistication will create a memorable backdrop for the event.
Cocktail attire is suggested for all guests at Four Handed Illusions. There will be a full cash bar available before and during the show. Tickets can be purchased via the Hampshire House website.
For more information visit the Four Handed Illusions Website
Two show times are available for guests: 3 p.m. and 6 p.m., both on Sunday, May 1, 2016.