The Hampshire House event professionals work diligently throughout the year to plan a special evening to showcase our venue to recently-engaged couples in the area and beyond. It’s a fun night for us to celebrate with couples and to give them an opportunity to experience what it’s like to attend an event at the Hampshire House. Guests can also interact with other couples and meet with a variety of Boston wedding professionals in an intimate, one-on-one setting to get a feel for what planning a wedding will be like.
This year’s Engagement Celebration was one for the books, as it had a great turn-out from both engaged couples and wedding vendors from around the Boston area. Read on to hear a complete recap of the evening’s festivities.
From the moment guests arrived, we wanted to showcase the elegance of our venue and staged a Rolls Royce courtesy of Rockstar Limo at the entrance of the Hampshire House. Guests were then welcomed into the lobby with elegant music from Gilded Harps performing, as well as bistro lighting draping from ceilings provided by Gateway Lighting. Throughout the evening, guests were also treated to the illustrious music of Siman Entertainment, Groove Events and Entertainment Specialists.
Hampshire House’s turn-of-the-century architecture and grand rooms provided a beautiful backdrop for the Engagement Celebration, and it also gave couples a chance to tour the facility and learn more about utilizing the space for a wedding. From the charming Library to the elegant third floor, guests were able to really visualize their future weddings while learning about what goes into planning a wedding. Other design vendors in attendance included Lolo Event Design, Rentals Unlimited, Lynn Graham Designs, Invitations & Company, Marrero Events, Unique Weddings by Alexis, Katrina Hess Make-up and Boston Wedding Magazine.
Aside from the décor and transportation, we also see the Engagement Celebration as an opportunity for the Hampshire House to showcase many of the food and beverage items that are available to our clients when hosting an event in our space. As guests made their way up the spiral staircase to our second floor, they were greeted with our specialty cocktails such as cosmopolitans, blood orange mimosas and old fashioneds.
Butler-passed hors d’oeuvres included decadent dishes like baby lamb chops, Maryland crab cakes, caprese skewers, miniature clam chowder and vegetable spring rolls. The library also featured a gourmet ravioli station with lobster, pumpkin, sweet pea and ricotta cheese raviolis for guests to enjoy.
Our third floor featured some of the most elegant desserts in the Boston area, including French Macaroons and Tuxedo Dipped Strawberries. Our Abbot Bar was transformed into a Cake Bar for the evening, with Ellen and Maggie from local bakery Cakes to Remember serving some of their most popular wedding cake flavors. Our personal favorite was the Summer Breeze, which was a lemon zest cake filled with white chocolate mousse and fresh blueberries and topped with a frosted citrusy lime buttercream.
Many of Boston’s top wedding professionals were also at the Engagement Celebration, which offered newly engaged couples a chance to see what their options are when planning their wedding at Hampshire House. Justices of the Peace Elizabeth Gemelli, Barbara Kahn and Joseph Gagnon were in attendance, as well as wedding photographers such as Ambrose Photography and Person + Killian Photography. Other photography groups in attendance included Johnson Photography, Alternative Angles, Binita Patel Photography and Generations Cinemastories. There were also floral displays from Jeri Solomon Floral Design, Artistic Blossoms and New Leaf Flores, which allowed guests to get an idea of the types of vibrant, colorful florals that they would like to have at their weddings.
Hampshire House extends our sincere gratitude to all guests that attended the event to all event professionals that added to our evening. We are truly grateful for your support.
Be on the lookout for a video recap of the Engagement Celebration in a future blog post! If you’d like to contact the sales office to book a wedding, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for the perfect Mother’s Day gift for Mom that will really show her how much you care? Hampshire House’s Mother’s Day brunch is the perfect way to treat your mother to something truly special and elegant this year. This annual event is held at Hampshire House, a turn-of-the-century mansion in Boston’s Beacon Hill neighborhood, which gives an upscale, historic setting to your Mother’s Day celebration.
This year’s Mother’s Day brunch at Hampshire House will be held on Sunday, May 14 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. You’ll want to make your reservations in advance, because this event fills up fast. Whether you plan on celebrating Mother’s Day with the entire family or treating Mom to some one-on-one time, Hampshire House’s expert staff will provide your party with impeccable service and a gourmet meal that she’s sure to love.
Your three-course brunch experience begins with your choice of an appetizer from a list of locally sourced favorites. Choose from lobster bisque, fresh fruit, clam chowder or even a Gulf Shrimp Martini while you decide which entree to choose. Main courses include brunch options like the stuffed French toast or the Florentine Benedict, as well as seafood-inspired dishes like the New England Lobster Omelet or the herb-crusted salmon. Finally, your meal will conclude with a decadent sampling of the Hampshire House Chocolate Trilogy, a dessert that includes miniature selections of the chef’s Swiss chocolate maple soup, chocolate bread pudding and bitter sweet chocolate crème brûlée. Pair your meal with a mimosa or a Bloody Mary to add even more opulence to your afternoon.
Hampshire House’s Mother’s Day brunch costs $65 per person. Taxes, beverages and gratuity are not included. Make your reservation online at the Hampshire House website or by calling the venue directly.
Whether your wedding style is elegant and traditional or sleek and modern, your table settings should reflect that personal style. There are a number of new wedding trends that might spark some inspiration for your own wedding table settings. If you’re planning your wedding at Hampshire House, here are some of the top types of table settings for 2017.
- Classic table settings. With simple silver or gold silverware, crisp white plates and elegant stemware, classic table settings are a tried-and-true trend that is coming back around. Add rounded floral bouquets in the center of the tables and you’ll have a classic yet not at all boring look.
- Rustic table settings. Rustic, farm-style weddings have been on trend for a few years now, but rustic table settings take a bit of know-how to perfect. While you want to maintain a shabby chic look, you want it to focus more on the chic side than the shabby side. Add linen napkins, vintage silverware and foraged centerpieces, and dress it all up with pops of reclaimed wood throughout.
- Vintage table settings. For a wedding with a vintage flair, you’ll want table settings to match. Scour local vintage stores and online shops to find the perfect china, or if you’re lucky enough to have a set of family china, you can carry on the tradition. Add bronze or silver candle holders, luxurious napkins with matching napkin holders, and regal glasses to complete the look. You can also rent vintage china to mix and match place settings for the big event.
- Colorful table settings. To keep your wedding feeling fresh and fun, add pops of color to the table settings. Keep things simple with white plates and accent them with bold napkins, or add color with color blocked plates and eye-catching floral arrangements.
- Minimalist table settings. This year’s hottest interior design trend is spilling over to weddings as well. To achieve the minimalist look through your wedding table settings, add crisp, white linens, china with slight, delicate details and bursts of eucalyptus or an equally sparse centerpiece.
Here at Hampshire House, we couldn’t be more proud to be from Boston. Our Beacon Hill neighborhood is full of rich history, stunning views and beautiful architecture, and we love exploring every part of the city. If you’re already planning for a fun-filled springtime in Boston, be sure to add these great upcoming events to your calendar.
- The Boston Marathon. This incredibly popular race takes place each year on a 26-mile course between Hopkinton and Boston. It usually sees around 36,000 runners from all around the world, as well as thousands of spectators cheering them on along the route. This year’s Boston Marathon takes place on Monday, April 17.
- Patriot’s Day. This patriotic holiday is celebrated every year on the third Monday in April to commemorate the battles in Lexington, Lincoln, Concord, and present-day Arlington. These battles were some of the first in the Revolutionary War and today, Boston celebrates with re-enactments, parades, and other free events throughout the city.
- The Boston Red Sox. This year’s Red Sox home opener is scheduled for April 3 against the Pittsburgh Pirates. There is also always a home game in Boston on the day of the Boston Marathon, so after you check out the race, you can also cheer for the home team at Fenway Park.
- See a show. If you’re a fan of the theater, you won’t want to miss one of Boston’s many performing arts events. See the Blue Man group at the Charles Playhouse any time in April, see Rogers & Hammerstein’s The King and I at the Boston Opera House from April 11 through April 23 or check out Rent at the Shubert Theater between April 11 and April 23.
- Old Town Trolley Tours. If you want to learn more about the history of Boston, a trolley tour is always a fun way to spend a spring afternoon. Old Town Trolley Tours provide an informative, hop-on, hop-off tour of the city’s historic district.
- The Boston Public Garden. On a warm day, these lush gardens are perfect for an afternoon stroll amidst the flowers. The garden is in full bloom during the marathon, so it’s the perfect place for residents or visitors to enjoy.
Easter is just around the corner, and if you’re looking to make this year’s celebration a bit more special, you won’t want to miss Easter brunch at Hampshire House. This annual event gives families a truly elegant, memorable way to spend Easter together without the stress of hosting or cooking. If you just want to spend time with the ones you love and celebrate the true meaning of Easter, let Hampshire House do the work for you at our one-of-a-kind Easter brunch celebration.
At the Hampshire House Easter brunch, you and your loved ones will enjoy three gourmet courses featuring the very best in Boston seafood and upscale new American options. The plated meal includes an appetizer, your choice of main dishes and a decadent dessert to top off the afternoon. Appetizers include options such as a Sunday Lobster Bisque, plates of fresh fruit or a Gulf Shrimp Martini with fresh tomato-olive relish, while main dishes include everything from brunch favorites like Eggs Benedict to grilled tenderloin medallions, herb-crusted salmon and a New England lobster omelet. Guests can pair their meal with a refreshing mimosa or a house special Bloody Mary for an extra charge.
With its turn-of-the-century architecture, Italian marble details and crystal chandeliers, Hampshire House is truly one of the most special places in the Boston area. The view overlooking the Boston Public Garden and Beacon Hill address only adds to the already incredible experience that comes with visiting this historic attraction. It’s the perfect place to bring the whole family together for an Easter celebration that you won’t soon forget.
This year’s Easter brunch will take place on Sunday, April 16, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Hampshire House’s dining room. To make a reservation, visit Hampshire House’s OpenTable page through the Hampshire House website.
Throughout history, the food served at weddings has been an object of both adoration and scrutiny. At times decadent and traditional, at others enrapturing and experimental, and sometimes underwhelming and uninspired, wedding food is often a reflection of a particular era or wedding party. Now more than ever, wedding couples are doing away with tried-and-true wedding menus in favor of dishes with meaning or unique flair. (For many, this means shortening guest lists in order to accommodate a more expensive oeuvre.) Read on to check out our study of traditional and contemporary wedding dishes.
For years, many weddings went with a standard menu form: vegetable, meat, starch, and dessert plus drinks. The age-old filet of beef with twice baked potatoes would fill the meat and starch categories respectively, while green beans or other cooked greens might serve as the veggie. For drinks, wine and/or champagne. For dessert, the classic: wedding cake. This standard menu may sound uninspired for some of the more adventurous among us, but today there are several modern takes on these classics that add new energy and delicious touches to the tried-and-true wedding menu form.
Today’s Take on The Wedding Menu
As an alternative to reinventing traditional favorites, many of today’s wedding menus do away with tradition altogether. Couples across the country and the world are opting for new menu items with personal significance or experimental flair. Destination weddings may come complete with authentic entrees, while themed weddings will often stay true to theme throughout the menu. On the drink side of things, contemporary favorites such as craft beer and custom cocktails have become popular in recent. For dessert, many couples still serve cake, but others opt for more experimental options such as donuts, macaroons, or even flambé.
No matter what your menu preference might be, our professionals at the Hampshire House have an expansive list of gourmet wedding food options for both the experimental and traditional wedding menu. Contact our Boston, MA wedding planning team today to learn more!
The start of a new year is a time for new beginnings. What happier new beginning is there than a wedding? Take advantage of the momentum that swings toward newness and a fresh start after the holidays and plan a beautiful winter wedding.
The Hampshire House provides the perfect venue to accompany the gorgeous backdrop of freshly fallen snow that has turned Boston into a winter wonderland. Imagine the perfect wedding photos that will come from the undeniable magic of a world blanketed in white and the contrasting warmth inside a timeless Bostonian mansion.
Winter weddings are also a time to fully embrace the season and employ some drama in your décor that wouldn’t necessarily work in warmer weather. Go all out with golds, silvers, champagnes and a little bit (or a lot) of sparkle. Dress your bridesmaids in furs and serve hot cocktails.
Take advantage of Hampshire House’s offer of a $15 per person discount on any wedding package booked in January, February or March 2018. Start a new beginning with your partner with magic from the Boston winter and warmth and comfort from our elegant venue.
The Hampshire House teamed up with a group of New England wedding professionals to emphasize the sheer beauty and elegance of our Boston venue. The purpose of the shoot was to showcase and inspire elegant New England wedding ideas with romantic scenes, a decadent cake, and stunning flower arrangements. We are hoping that this will provide some inspiration for your upcoming nuptials. For more information, checkout the full post on the popular 100 Layer Cake blog.
Bridesmaids are the cornerstone of a successfully planned and executed wedding. They not only stand next to the bride during the ceremony. They also plan the bachelorette party and bridal shower and provide the bride with all the support she needs to make sure that the big day goes off without a hitch. You’ll be sure to want to thank your best girlfriends for all of their help with lovely bridesmaid gifts.
There are many things to consider when choosing the right gifts for your bridesmaids. You need to consider each of the girls’ personalities, your own personality, your budget, and the theme of your wedding. Here are some beautiful bridesmaid gift ideas that will be sure to help you choose the best possible way to say thank you to your best friends.
- Jewelry – Jewelry is one of the most time-honored classic bridesmaid gifts for a reason. It is almost universally liked by women of all ages, lasts for a long time, and is a wearable memento of your friendship. You can’t go wrong with classic styles that have a personalized touch.
- Beauty Products – Cosmetics and hair and skincare products are a great way to pamper the most important women in your life. The variety of gifts available is almost endless. Choose from makeup, skincare kits, artisanal soaps, perfume, and more. Or you could opt for salon gift certificates and let the girls choose their own experience.
- Food and Drink – Whether your girlfriends prefer tea or champagne, a food or drink gift is sure to be well-received. Put together sets of tea and infuser mugs or champagne and glasses. Or choose a monthly subscription box full of tasty treats such as organic snacks or macarons of the month. Your friends will be sure to think of you when they enjoy one of these indulgent delicacies.
- Accessories – Every girl needs accessories, which can be some of the most useful gifts to give. Choose something such as a travel case set, a sunglass pouch, an aluminum water bottle, or a beautiful robe and get it customized with each bridesmaid’s initials to give it a special touch.
No matter which gift you choose, make sure to show appreciation for all of the hard work that your bridesmaids put into your wedding day. After all, it wouldn’t be the same without them.
Planning your own wedding is stressful. You can waste tons of valuable time and money trying to learn event planning while planning your own wedding at the same time. Save yourself from major stress and headaches by hiring a wedding planner. These highly trained professionals have the expertise, connections and knowledge to plan the wedding of your dreams without any of the hassle.
The Hampshire House has worked with some of the best wedding consultants in the Boston area over many years of hosting weddings and special events. We encourage you to consider hiring one of our preferred wedding consultants who are already very familiar with our venue and have proven themselves to be masters of creating events to remember.
Paula Marrero has been running Marrero Events since 2005. She started out planning events for celebrity chef Todd English and has had a great deal of experience planning celebrations of many types and sizes. Paula and her staff specialize in taking the time to understand their clients’ needs to flawlessly execute weddings while providing support and guidance. They also pride themselves on expertly handling stressful situations while injecting a measure of fun into the planning experience.
Alexis O’Mara of Unique Weddings by Alexis has been planning events for the past 18 years. She has also achieved the distinction of being named a Master Bridal Consultant. Alexis and her staff strive to capture each couple’s aspirations and style while making them feel relaxed and stress-free about their expertly-planned wedding. They specialize in in out-of-state couples who want to plan a Boston wedding. For this reason, they have a unique understanding of the importance of excellent communication between the event planning team and couples who aren’t able to be physically present for most of the planning.
Lo McShay of LoLo Event Design loves planning parties and has been planning all kinds of events for the past seven years. From weddings to bar mitzvahs to intimate dinner parties, she does it all. Lo and her team specialize in unearthing their clients’ unique design aesthetic and event priorities in order to plan the party of their dreams. In addition, the online store of custom-made décor and event details that they offer truly make this team of event planners stand out from the crowd.
Linnea Tangorra of Tangorra Wedding Planning has been planning beautiful weddings in the Boston area since 2003. She and her team receive rave reviews from their clients for providing an outstanding attention to detail that ensures that each wedding they plan goes off without a hitch. Linnea strives to understand each couple’s vision, choose the perfect vendors to realize that vision and maintain complete control over every detail of the event. This leaves the couple free to enjoy their big day stress-free.
Any one of these talented wedding consultants would be a great choice to help plan your perfect wedding at Hampshire House. Take some time to look through their websites to consider who would be the best fit for you.