Something Blue – Elegant Ways to Incorporate the Classic Tradition
Posted on: August 23, 2016
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. It’s a classic tradition without seeming traditional, which may be why many ladies are embracing it—more traditional brides and unconventional brides alike.
The first three are usually pretty manageable. But what about your something blue? And how do you personalize it?
Here are three elegant ways to hold to the tradition:
Part of Your Wedding Dress
When you want to keep your blue close to your heart, incorporate it into something you’ll be wearing on the big day:
- Sew a small patch into the lining of your dress, maybe a bit of dad’s denim or your groom’s favorite shirt.
- Sew your wedding date into the inside of your dress in blue thread.
- Add a bit of blue ribbon or lace to your veil for a bit of accent.
- Request blue ribbons for the bustle of your dress.
Accessorize All You Like
Accessories are a girl’s best friend and are what make your wedding look truly your own, so add your own flair:
- Choose blue jewelry, whether it’s earrings, bracelets or a necklace.
- Add touches of blue to your hair with headbands, hair combs or simply flowers.
- Create a safety pin with meaningful charms and, of course, something blue.
- The shoes. Get creative by requesting blue soles, have your bridesmaids write you notes on the soles in blue or tie a little blue ribbon around the heel for a cute touch.
Blue Touches in the Décor
Truly love blue? Choose the hue for your theme and add pops to your wedding:
- Send out invitations in blue or with blue details to give you guests a taste of what’s to come.
- Add blue flowers to your bouquet, or wrap blue ribbon around the base to keep it all together.
- Find blue glass bottles or other ways to incorporate it into your centerpieces.
How will you incorporate this tradition in your wedding?