New Year, New Styles – Wedding Trends Projected for 2017
The New Year is finally here. With it come new wedding trends. If you’re planning a wedding this year and are looking for inspiration for your big day, here are some of the trendiest wedding themes for 2017.
- Rustic –In the constant stress of the modern world, there is an obvious appeal to choosing a rustic celebration that encourages guests to celebrate in a relaxed atmosphere. When planning a rustic wedding, think home-grown, natural beauty. For décor, use lots of lanterns, branches, wildflowers, unfinished wood, mason jars, watering cans and the like.
- Vintage – A vintage-style wedding would be perfect for any couple that would feel more at home in another era. Take your celebration back in time with antiques, family heirlooms, vintage cars, lace, pearls and plenty of candlelight. This theme would also be ideal for any bride who plans to wear a vintage wedding gown passed down through her family.
- High Drama – The couple that wants to turn their wedding day into an absolutely stunning celebration should consider a high drama theme. A high drama wedding creates an over-the-top atmosphere and drenches everything in excessive beauty. Think overflowing flowers, string lights dripping off of every surface, draped fabric and ribbons, large centerpieces, giant chandeliers, and a fireworks show to end the night.
- Romance – The theme of romance is perfect for the couple who is in love with being in love. A romance theme borrows a lot from classic, traditional weddings while adding its own softer, sweeter spin. To create a romantic atmosphere, use soft colors, roses, tulips, flower petals on the aisle, candlelight and crystal chandeliers. Keep the focus on the celebration of love.
- Whimsical – A whimsical wedding might be the perfect thing for the couple who are children at heart. Whimsical weddings really show the creativity and personalities of the couple. Some examples would be to base décor on a movie, seat guests in a spiral instead of rows, use lots of bright colors, get an unconventionally decorated cake, or incorporate origami and paper flowers.
No matter what theme you choose for your wedding, Hampshire House is the perfect venue. We will work with you to accommodate any décor no matter whether it fits in one of these trending themes or is a completely original creation.
Hampshire House Engagement Celebration Featured Vendors
If you are newly engaged and preparing to plan your wedding, Hampshire House’s Annual Engagement Celebration is an event that you won’t want to miss. Join us for a fun and informative night of mingling with other engaged couples while meeting with vendors and industry professionals. You will be sure to gain invaluable wedding planning information and insight while getting an in-person first look at Hampshire House as a venue.
Some of the most successful and experienced wedding vendors in Boston will be featured at the Engagement Celebration. From entertainers to photographers to designers, some of the best in the business will be in attendance. Peruse our guest list and see who you’d most like to spend time speaking to at the event.
- Entertainment – Get a preview of some of the best wedding entertainers in Boston and decide which one fits the sound of your celebration. Our featured entertainers will be Siman Entertainment, Groove Events, Entertainment Specialists and Gilded Harps.
- Photographers and Videographers – Look at some sample photos from these talented wedding photographers’ portfolios to see which one has a style that fits your vision. Featured photographers and videographers will include Person + Killian Photography, Amanda Ambrose Photography, Johnson Photography, Alternate Angles, Binita Patel, and Generations Cinemastories.
- Florists – No wedding is complete without flowers. Take a look at some sample floral arrangements to get inspiration for the types of blooms you’d like featured at your wedding. Featured florists will include Jeri Solomon Floral Design, Artistic Blossoms and New Leaf Flores.
- Justice of the Peace – Meet some individuals who would be great candidates to officiate your wedding. Get a feel for their personalities and demeanors to find a great fit. Featured Justices of the Peace will include Elizabeth Gemelli, Barbara Kahn and Joseph Gagnon.
- Design – These vendors will help you take your wedding from concept to reality. Look at samples of their past work to decide which one can best realize your dream wedding. Featured design vendors will include LoLo Event Design, Lynn Graham Designs, Marrero Events, Unique Weddings by Alexis, Invitations & Company, Gateway Lighting and Rentals Unlimited.
- Other Details – Vendors who provide other wedding details will include Katrina Hess Make-up, Cakes to Remember, Rockstar Limo and Boston Wedding Magazine.
The event will take place at Hampshire House on Beacon Hill on January 26, 2017 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Click here or call us at (617) 854-7628 to RSVP and reserve your spot today!
American Classics: A Novel Idea
We at the Hampshire House are pleased to present American Classics: A Novel Idea. Join us for a night filled with song, food and fun as we take you on a musical journey through great American novels. Sit down to a three-course dinner while you listen to songs from novels turned Broadway and Hollywood musicals. Settle in for a night of sophistication and feel the thrill of wining and dining in a turn-of-the-century Bostonian mansion on Beacon Hill.
We will be featuring music from Show Boat, The King and I, Pal Joey, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Gypsy, Roberta, and more. All of which are Broadway and Hollywood musicals based on classic American novels. The songs will be expertly performed by a talented team of singers including Jean Danton, Michelle Deluise, Davron Monroe, and Benjamin Sears. Accompanying them on the piano will be Bradford Conner.
The delectable three-course dinner will be prepared by Chef Markus Ripperger. For starters, choose from white bean and Tuscan kale soup, Maine lobster bisque, Boston Bibb lettuce salad, or organic baby spinach salad. Entrée choices include slow roasted pork loin, rosemary tenderloin of beef, herb crusted Atlantic salmon, or Moroccan roasted chicken. To end your meal is the grand finale – the Hampshire House Chocolate Trilogy. This includes Belgian chocolate crème brûlée, double chocolate bread pudding, and Chef Markus Ripperger’s nationally acclaimed maple roasted almond and Swiss chocolate soup.
This is a night you won’t want to miss as there will be entertainment for fans of literature, theatre, film, music, and food alike. Treat yourself to a night of elegance filled with culture, history, and the finer things in life. The event will take place at the Hampshire House on Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 6 p.m. Admittance is $77 per person, which includes tax and gratuity, but excludes alcoholic beverages and the ticketing fee. To purchase tickets to the event, click here.