Celebrating 50 Years at the Hampshire House Giveaway
At the Hampshire House we are surrounded by a lot of Boston’s history, from the walls within our building to the views of Boston Public Garden out our windows. This year we celebrate a very special part of our history on June 10:
We are celebrating 50 years of Thomas Kershaw’s ownership of the Hampshire House!
Throughout our half century of operation, the Hampshire House has become a beloved mainstay for Bostonian celebrations by hosting thousands of weddings, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties, corporate events, and personal celebrations. We are also the home to the beloved Bull + Finch Pub/Cheers restaurant, which has been operating on the ground floor since December 1969. Additionally, we have added a number of other cherished restaurants to the Hampshire House Corporation including 75 on Chestnut, a bistro at the flat of Beacon Hill; a Cheers at Faneuil Hall Marketplace; and 75 on Liberty Wharf.
“When you start a business when you are 30 years old and live to be 80, 50 years in the same business is a big deal,” said Tom. “I purchased the property in 1969 with the idea to keep the mansion’s original grandeur while accommodating Bostonians and tourists for special events that they would never forget. As we look back, I know that we have achieved that goal. Not only is the Hampshire House a key part of our guests’ most treasured memories, but the mansion is now a beloved establishment in Boston.”
To celebrate all of the memories hosted at the Hampshire House, from the blizzard of 1978 to last weekend’s wedding, we are hosting a social media contest for a chance to win two complimentary tickets to the private 50th anniversary celebration on Monday, June 10 at the Hampshire House.
In order to enter for a chance to win a ticket for you and a guest, you must:
- Follow @HampshireHouse on Instagram or @HampshireHse on Facebook
- Share a post of your favorite memory at the Hampshire House using the hashtags #HampshireHouse50 and #OurHouseYourStory
Each Friday between now and Monday, June 10, we will choose one winner per week, who will be notified via direct message. To be considered, you must be 21+ years old.
We are excited to celebrate this anniversary with you on social media and cannot wait to see what personal memories you share with us!
Cheers Beacon Hill
Cheers Faneuil Hall Marketplace
75 on Liberty Wharf
2019 Mother’s Day Brunch — Hampshire House Boston
Treat Mom to the Best Mother’s Day Brunch in Boston at the Hampshire House
Join Hampshire House on Sunday, May 12 beginning at 11am for a traditional Mother’s Day brunch. The ticketed price of this three-course brunch is $70 per person excluding taxes, gratuity, or beverages.
What better way to spoil mom than with a perfectly curated brunch done the Hampshire House way? Our menu is filled with the most delectable regional and seasonal dishes to delight mom. This year, our offerings include elevated favorites, original new creations, and plenty of classics, ensuring that there’s a dish for every preference and palate imaginable. Explore the complete Mother’s Day menu to see exactly what we’ll be whipping up for moms this year or peruse our sneak peek below.
What’s on the Menu: Mother’s Day 2019
This year’s three-course, plated brunch menu includes your choice of a starter, main dish, and decadent desert, all of which have been paired to create a flavor experience like no other. Here are some examples of what you can expect at this noteworthy brunch event:
- First Up — Whether you start with our famous lobster bisque, clam chowder, or a fresh salad, this year’s starters will set the stage for a delectable menu and hint at what’s to come. Fresh vegetables, fruits, and seafood make up the bulk of this course.
- Next Up — For the main course, choose between indulgent classics like grilled beef tenderloin medallions or stuffed French toast, or opt for something on the lighter side. Favorites include our New England lobster omelet and smoked salmon benedict.
- Finally — Top off this noteworthy brunch experience with the Hampshire House Chocolate Trilogy featuring Swiss chocolate maple soup, a chocolate mousse tartlet, and bitter sweet chocolate crème brûlée. It’s sweet enough for even the sweetest moms!
- Complete the Meal — Complement this memorable brunch with one of our carefully crafted Bloody Marys, mimosas, or glasses of wine (not included), and offer a toast to mom.
Enjoying a Classic Boston Mother’s Day
Set in the heart of Boston, Hampshire House is a grand, turn-of-the-century Georgian revival mansion offering sweeping views of Boston Public Garden coupled with lavish interior décor that’ll truly make mom feel like royalty. After brunch, head across the street for a stroll through some of Boston’s finest public lands. Take in the bursting display of tulips and roses at Boston Public Garden or enjoy a meandering afternoon through the enchanting, cobblestone streets of one of Boston’s most charming neighborhoods, Beacon Hill.
Please note that the ticketed price of $70 per person doesn’t include taxes, gratuity, or beverages. Validated parking is available in the Boston Common Garage for easy access to Hampshire House and all its surrounding sights. To make a reservation, click the link here. We look forward to helping you make Mother’s Day a truly memorable occasion and hope to be a part of your special annual tradition.