Leap into Spring with these Great Events around Boston
Posted on: March 29, 2017
Here at Hampshire House, we couldn’t be more proud to be from Boston. Our Beacon Hill neighborhood is full of rich history, stunning views and beautiful architecture, and we love exploring every part of the city. If you’re already planning for a fun-filled springtime in Boston, be sure to add these great upcoming events to your calendar.
- The Boston Marathon. This incredibly popular race takes place each year on a 26-mile course between Hopkinton and Boston. It usually sees around 36,000 runners from all around the world, as well as thousands of spectators cheering them on along the route. This year’s Boston Marathon takes place on Monday, April 17.
- Patriot’s Day. This patriotic holiday is celebrated every year on the third Monday in April to commemorate the battles in Lexington, Lincoln, Concord, and present-day Arlington. These battles were some of the first in the Revolutionary War and today, Boston celebrates with re-enactments, parades, and other free events throughout the city.
- The Boston Red Sox. This year’s Red Sox home opener is scheduled for April 3 against the Pittsburgh Pirates. There is also always a home game in Boston on the day of the Boston Marathon, so after you check out the race, you can also cheer for the home team at Fenway Park.
- See a show. If you’re a fan of the theater, you won’t want to miss one of Boston’s many performing arts events. See the Blue Man group at the Charles Playhouse any time in April, see Rogers & Hammerstein’s The King and I at the Boston Opera House from April 11 through April 23 or check out Rent at the Shubert Theater between April 11 and April 23.
- Old Town Trolley Tours. If you want to learn more about the history of Boston, a trolley tour is always a fun way to spend a spring afternoon. Old Town Trolley Tours provide an informative, hop-on, hop-off tour of the city’s historic district.
- The Boston Public Garden. On a warm day, these lush gardens are perfect for an afternoon stroll amidst the flowers. The garden is in full bloom during the marathon, so it’s the perfect place for residents or visitors to enjoy.