Office Holiday Party Planning Guide
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Office holiday parties do more than give employees a place to unwind and have fun. They create bonds by providing an off-hours chance for everyone to get to know each other better. They act as a thank you for all the hard work everyone’s been doing all year. And, perhaps most important of all, an office holiday party serves as celebration of your business and everyone who is a part of it. With so many benefits depending on your company party, it’s important to do it properly. These tips from Hampshire House will show you how.
Decide the Party Type
Knowing the type of party you want to have is crucial to the planning process. This involves envisioning what you want the celebration to look like as well as establishing its goal. Is the party for employees only, or does it include spouses or other guests? How formal do you want the party to be?
Once you’ve established the type of party you want to have, you can move forward with:
- The guest list and dress code
- Setting the date and time
- Dedicating a budget
- Choosing a theme
- An event planning checklist
The event planning checklist outlines all the tasks that need to be done prior to the party, as well as a deadline for each.
Choose Your Venue
Holding your office party in your office may leave you lacking adequate space, accommodations, and ambiance. Instead, create a truly memorable celebration and experience with a venue well-known for its remarkable ambiance and offerings.
Hampshire House is one of those venues. From its warm and elegant atmosphere to its charming location in the heart of Boston’s Beacon Hill, Hampshire House provides the ideal space for private events of distinction. Ensure your office party is one of them. With exclusive venues in high demand during the holidays, try to book your venue as early as possible.
Tend to Other Details
Additional details that need to be ironed out include:
- Food: Your choice of food plays a role in the ambiance and overall success of the party.
- Drinks and bar option: Decide on the types of drinks and whether or not you want bartender service.
- Chair and table rental if needed: Consider upgrading your chairs and linens to a holiday theme.
- Entertainment and equipment: This category covers things like musicians or a DJ, as well as AV equipment.
- Speakers and hosts: Having hosts greet guests adds a classy touch and helps people feel more comfortable from the onset. Speakers can provide year-end information or award presentations that are relevant to your party type and theme.
Once all details have been covered, your next steps include sending out invitations and then tackling each task on your event planning checklist. While you can certainly tackle any of the additional details individually, you can also take care of many of them by choosing a venue that takes care of many of the accommodations.
Hampshire House is a prime example, as it comes fully outfitted with seating and table options as well as exceptional dining, party food, and drink options. The space can also be decorated and laid out in such a way to set the mood, tone, and theme of your party. For more information or to secure a reservation, contact us today.