The start of a new year is a time for new beginnings. What happier new beginning is there than a wedding? Take advantage of the momentum that swings toward newness and a fresh start after the holidays and plan a beautiful winter wedding.
The Hampshire House provides the perfect venue to accompany the gorgeous backdrop of freshly fallen snow that has turned Boston into a winter wonderland. Imagine the perfect wedding photos that will come from the undeniable magic of a world blanketed in white and the contrasting warmth inside a timeless Bostonian mansion.
Winter weddings are also a time to fully embrace the season and employ some drama in your décor that wouldn’t necessarily work in warmer weather. Go all out with golds, silvers, champagnes and a little bit (or a lot) of sparkle. Dress your bridesmaids in furs and serve hot cocktails.
Take advantage of Hampshire House’s offer of a $15 per person discount on any wedding package booked in January, February or March 2018. Start a new beginning with your partner with magic from the Boston winter and warmth and comfort from our elegant venue.
The Hampshire House teamed up with a group of New England wedding professionals to emphasize the sheer beauty and elegance of our Boston venue. The purpose of the shoot was to showcase and inspire elegant New England wedding ideas with romantic scenes, a decadent cake, and stunning flower arrangements. We are hoping that this will provide some inspiration for your upcoming nuptials. For more information, checkout the full post on the popular 100 Layer Cake blog.
Bridesmaids are the cornerstone of a successfully planned and executed wedding. They not only stand next to the bride during the ceremony. They also plan the bachelorette party and bridal shower and provide the bride with all the support she needs to make sure that the big day goes off without a hitch. You’ll be sure to want to thank your best girlfriends for all of their help with lovely bridesmaid gifts.
There are many things to consider when choosing the right gifts for your bridesmaids. You need to consider each of the girls’ personalities, your own personality, your budget, and the theme of your wedding. Here are some beautiful bridesmaid gift ideas that will be sure to help you choose the best possible way to say thank you to your best friends.
- Jewelry – Jewelry is one of the most time-honored classic bridesmaid gifts for a reason. It is almost universally liked by women of all ages, lasts for a long time, and is a wearable memento of your friendship. You can’t go wrong with classic styles that have a personalized touch.
- Beauty Products – Cosmetics and hair and skincare products are a great way to pamper the most important women in your life. The variety of gifts available is almost endless. Choose from makeup, skincare kits, artisanal soaps, perfume, and more. Or you could opt for salon gift certificates and let the girls choose their own experience.
- Food and Drink – Whether your girlfriends prefer tea or champagne, a food or drink gift is sure to be well-received. Put together sets of tea and infuser mugs or champagne and glasses. Or choose a monthly subscription box full of tasty treats such as organic snacks or macarons of the month. Your friends will be sure to think of you when they enjoy one of these indulgent delicacies.
- Accessories – Every girl needs accessories, which can be some of the most useful gifts to give. Choose something such as a travel case set, a sunglass pouch, an aluminum water bottle, or a beautiful robe and get it customized with each bridesmaid’s initials to give it a special touch.
No matter which gift you choose, make sure to show appreciation for all of the hard work that your bridesmaids put into your wedding day. After all, it wouldn’t be the same without them.
Planning your own wedding is stressful. You can waste tons of valuable time and money trying to learn event planning while planning your own wedding at the same time. Save yourself from major stress and headaches by hiring a wedding planner. These highly trained professionals have the expertise, connections and knowledge to plan the wedding of your dreams without any of the hassle.
The Hampshire House has worked with some of the best wedding consultants in the Boston area over many years of hosting weddings and special events. We encourage you to consider hiring one of our preferred wedding consultants who are already very familiar with our venue and have proven themselves to be masters of creating events to remember.
Paula Marrero has been running Marrero Events since 2005. She started out planning events for celebrity chef Todd English and has had a great deal of experience planning celebrations of many types and sizes. Paula and her staff specialize in taking the time to understand their clients’ needs to flawlessly execute weddings while providing support and guidance. They also pride themselves on expertly handling stressful situations while injecting a measure of fun into the planning experience.
Alexis O’Mara of Unique Weddings by Alexis has been planning events for the past 18 years. She has also achieved the distinction of being named a Master Bridal Consultant. Alexis and her staff strive to capture each couple’s aspirations and style while making them feel relaxed and stress-free about their expertly-planned wedding. They specialize in in out-of-state couples who want to plan a Boston wedding. For this reason, they have a unique understanding of the importance of excellent communication between the event planning team and couples who aren’t able to be physically present for most of the planning.
Lo McShay of LoLo Event Design loves planning parties and has been planning all kinds of events for the past seven years. From weddings to bar mitzvahs to intimate dinner parties, she does it all. Lo and her team specialize in unearthing their clients’ unique design aesthetic and event priorities in order to plan the party of their dreams. In addition, the online store of custom-made décor and event details that they offer truly make this team of event planners stand out from the crowd.
Linnea Tangorra of Tangorra Wedding Planning has been planning beautiful weddings in the Boston area since 2003. She and her team receive rave reviews from their clients for providing an outstanding attention to detail that ensures that each wedding they plan goes off without a hitch. Linnea strives to understand each couple’s vision, choose the perfect vendors to realize that vision and maintain complete control over every detail of the event. This leaves the couple free to enjoy their big day stress-free.
Any one of these talented wedding consultants would be a great choice to help plan your perfect wedding at Hampshire House. Take some time to look through their websites to consider who would be the best fit for you.
Hampshire House Oscar Night 2017
With the Oscars fast approaching, the Hampshire House and Beacon Hill Civic Association are ready to celebrate the awards season in style. Join us for Oscar Night 2017, an Oscar viewing party of A-List proportions, with drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and chance to win prizes in our movie trivia contest. With festivities starting on February 26th at 7:00 p.m. and going until midnight on, you’ll be treated to a true VIP event at the unique and historic Hampshire House mansion. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Beacon Hill Civic Association. Get your tickets now!
Celebrate the Year’s Best Movies at Boston’s Best Oscar Party
Boston may be a long way from Hollywood, but here at the Hampshire House, we know how to throw a truly dazzling Oscar party. Together with the Beacon Hill Civic Association, we’ve planned a night of silver-screen fun, with a full drink menu, delicious hors d’oeuvres, and a movie trivia contest at the end of the night. Test your cinema chops against another guests to see who emerges a star and wins one of our many prizes. Tickets to the event are $55.00 and include hors d’oeuvres, two drink tickets, tax, and gratuity. The party starts at 7:00 p.m. and goes until midnight. We look forward to seeing you on cinema’s biggest night!
The Hampshire House: Boston’s Truly Magnificent Mansion
With a venue like the Hampshire House, parties large and small are adorned with an exquisite atmosphere. Located on historic Beacon Hill, our turn-of-the-century mansion features five elegant floors lavished with carved oak paneling, spacious Palladian windows, Italian marble, and crystal chandeliers. Bring your friends and family to our mansion for Oscar Night 2017 and enjoy a historically beautiful atmosphere as brilliant as flashing cameras on the red carpet.
Have questions about our Oscar Night 2017 or other events at the Hampshire House? Give us a call at (617) 227-9600 today!
The New Year is finally here. With it come new wedding trends. If you’re planning a wedding this year and are looking for inspiration for your big day, here are some of the trendiest wedding themes for 2017.
- Rustic –In the constant stress of the modern world, there is an obvious appeal to choosing a rustic celebration that encourages guests to celebrate in a relaxed atmosphere. When planning a rustic wedding, think home-grown, natural beauty. For décor, use lots of lanterns, branches, wildflowers, unfinished wood, mason jars, watering cans and the like.
- Vintage – A vintage-style wedding would be perfect for any couple that would feel more at home in another era. Take your celebration back in time with antiques, family heirlooms, vintage cars, lace, pearls and plenty of candlelight. This theme would also be ideal for any bride who plans to wear a vintage wedding gown passed down through her family.
- High Drama – The couple that wants to turn their wedding day into an absolutely stunning celebration should consider a high drama theme. A high drama wedding creates an over-the-top atmosphere and drenches everything in excessive beauty. Think overflowing flowers, string lights dripping off of every surface, draped fabric and ribbons, large centerpieces, giant chandeliers, and a fireworks show to end the night.
- Romance – The theme of romance is perfect for the couple who is in love with being in love. A romance theme borrows a lot from classic, traditional weddings while adding its own softer, sweeter spin. To create a romantic atmosphere, use soft colors, roses, tulips, flower petals on the aisle, candlelight and crystal chandeliers. Keep the focus on the celebration of love.
- Whimsical – A whimsical wedding might be the perfect thing for the couple who are children at heart. Whimsical weddings really show the creativity and personalities of the couple. Some examples would be to base décor on a movie, seat guests in a spiral instead of rows, use lots of bright colors, get an unconventionally decorated cake, or incorporate origami and paper flowers.
No matter what theme you choose for your wedding, Hampshire House is the perfect venue. We will work with you to accommodate any décor no matter whether it fits in one of these trending themes or is a completely original creation.
If you are newly engaged and preparing to plan your wedding, Hampshire House’s Annual Engagement Celebration is an event that you won’t want to miss. Join us for a fun and informative night of mingling with other engaged couples while meeting with vendors and industry professionals. You will be sure to gain invaluable wedding planning information and insight while getting an in-person first look at Hampshire House as a venue.
Some of the most successful and experienced wedding vendors in Boston will be featured at the Engagement Celebration. From entertainers to photographers to designers, some of the best in the business will be in attendance. Peruse our guest list and see who you’d most like to spend time speaking to at the event.
- Entertainment – Get a preview of some of the best wedding entertainers in Boston and decide which one fits the sound of your celebration. Our featured entertainers will be Siman Entertainment, Groove Events, Entertainment Specialists and Gilded Harps.
- Photographers and Videographers – Look at some sample photos from these talented wedding photographers’ portfolios to see which one has a style that fits your vision. Featured photographers and videographers will include Person + Killian Photography, Amanda Ambrose Photography, Johnson Photography, Alternate Angles, Binita Patel, and Generations Cinemastories.
- Florists – No wedding is complete without flowers. Take a look at some sample floral arrangements to get inspiration for the types of blooms you’d like featured at your wedding. Featured florists will include Jeri Solomon Floral Design, Artistic Blossoms and New Leaf Flores.
- Justice of the Peace – Meet some individuals who would be great candidates to officiate your wedding. Get a feel for their personalities and demeanors to find a great fit. Featured Justices of the Peace will include Elizabeth Gemelli, Barbara Kahn and Joseph Gagnon.
- Design – These vendors will help you take your wedding from concept to reality. Look at samples of their past work to decide which one can best realize your dream wedding. Featured design vendors will include LoLo Event Design, Lynn Graham Designs, Marrero Events, Unique Weddings by Alexis, Invitations & Company, Gateway Lighting and Rentals Unlimited.
- Other Details – Vendors who provide other wedding details will include Katrina Hess Make-up, Cakes to Remember, Rockstar Limo and Boston Wedding Magazine.
The event will take place at Hampshire House on Beacon Hill on January 26, 2017 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Click here or call us at (617) 854-7628 to RSVP and reserve your spot today!
We at the Hampshire House are pleased to present American Classics: A Novel Idea. Join us for a night filled with song, food and fun as we take you on a musical journey through great American novels. Sit down to a three-course dinner while you listen to songs from novels turned Broadway and Hollywood musicals. Settle in for a night of sophistication and feel the thrill of wining and dining in a turn-of-the-century Bostonian mansion on Beacon Hill.
We will be featuring music from Show Boat, The King and I, Pal Joey, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Gypsy, Roberta, and more. All of which are Broadway and Hollywood musicals based on classic American novels. The songs will be expertly performed by a talented team of singers including Jean Danton, Michelle Deluise, Davron Monroe, and Benjamin Sears. Accompanying them on the piano will be Bradford Conner.
The delectable three-course dinner will be prepared by Chef Markus Ripperger. For starters, choose from white bean and Tuscan kale soup, Maine lobster bisque, Boston Bibb lettuce salad, or organic baby spinach salad. Entrée choices include slow roasted pork loin, rosemary tenderloin of beef, herb crusted Atlantic salmon, or Moroccan roasted chicken. To end your meal is the grand finale – the Hampshire House Chocolate Trilogy. This includes Belgian chocolate crème brûlée, double chocolate bread pudding, and Chef Markus Ripperger’s nationally acclaimed maple roasted almond and Swiss chocolate soup.
This is a night you won’t want to miss as there will be entertainment for fans of literature, theatre, film, music, and food alike. Treat yourself to a night of elegance filled with culture, history, and the finer things in life. The event will take place at the Hampshire House on Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 6 p.m. Admittance is $77 per person, which includes tax and gratuity, but excludes alcoholic beverages and the ticketing fee. To purchase tickets to the event, click here.
The Hampshire House has been hosting elegant weddings for nearly 50 years and during that time, we’ve worked with some of the most talented artists in the Boston metro area – wedding photographers and videographers who are as serious about your perfect day as we are. Photos are personal, and it’s important that you and your partner are comfortable with your photographer so you can let your guard down and give in to those amazing candid shots – those photos you never expect. And, because our vendors work with us so often, they know every detail of our venue – where the light hits just right or the best angle for our spiral staircase. Little nuances that someone new to our mansion might miss. You chose one of the most beautiful places in Boston for your wedding, and we work with the photographers and videographers who know it best.
Each of our photographers and videographers has their own style, so we invite you to peruse their websites to get a feel for their work. Alternate Angles, which is based in Newport, Rhode Island, is known for their artistic wedding imagery and being able to think outside of the box. Amanda Ambrose Photography has been photographing Boston weddings since 2001 and focuses on telling your story through her photos. Bharat Parmar, owner of Bharat Parmar Photography, has been a wedding photographer for more than 20 years. He uses a “fun, candid and editorial approach” to his photography. David Tucker Photography has been in business for more than 15 years and is known for exquisite artistry when photographing weddings. When looking for a videographer, we highly recommend Generations Cinemastories, based in Watertown, Massachusetts. This husband and wife team creates fresh and modern films to share your story. Theresa Johnson, of Johnson Photography, has been in the business for more than 20 years and her work has been published in numerous wedding magazines. Dave Donato, owner of modern Artistry, understands it’s the photographer’s responsibility to accurately and creatively convey the memories you create on your wedding day. And finally, Person + Killian Photography specializes in documentary-style wedding photography, and takes pride in “artistically capturing the raw, honest, emotional moments of life.”
Many of our vendors are award-winning photographers and they have plenty to offer you on your special day.
Few things are as enchanting as Boston in the winter. The way the streetlamps glitter along the sidewalk, how the trees twinkle with holiday lights in the Public Garden, and the beauty of a fresh dusting of snow offer a romantic feel you won’t find elsewhere.
Hampshire House, steeped in elegant tradition, is located right on the public garden, a perfect backdrop for a Hollywood-style wedding. Our five-story mansion, built in 1910, evokes a classic glamour reminiscent of vintage Hollywood.
Share the big news with your guests using save-the-date cards and invitations in the shape of movie tickets. They’ll be so excited to celebrate your intimate affair. Continue the theme when showing them to their tables by mounting their place cards into small gold frames. When deciding on wedding favors, consider a photo of the beautiful couple in a Hollywood clapboard frame.
Since you’re the star of your wedding day, have some fun during your photo shoot by exiting your limo on to a red carpet lined with your family and friends. Wave to the paparazzi as the two of you make your grand entrance into the foyer.
For your centerpiece, adorn monochromatic bouquets with delicate lace and Swarovski crystals for a classic look. Or, if you’d like something more dramatic, gently drape strings of pearls on individual antique candelabras. The candles will give each table a captivating glow. You can also include framed photos of your favorite Hollywood legends, such as Bette Davis, Clark Gable, Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart and Marylyn Monroe.
During the reception, keep your guests dancing all night with music from Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Add to the nostalgia with a vintage popcorn makers or rent an old-fashioned photo booth so guests can take photographs and bring them home as keepsakes.
There are plenty of ways to celebrate a Hollywood wedding even during Boston’s cold winter, giving you and your guests a magical night you’ll never forget.